Smoothies are loved by many not only for their natural vitamins and healthy rewards but also because they are easy and quick to make at any time of the day. These are the best small blenders for smoothies— and they are most suitable because they are portable, efficient, and affordable.
Smoothies are a drink made from raw fruit and/or vegetables that are pureed, usually using a blender. A smoothie often has a liquid base such as water, fruit juice, plant milk, and sometimes dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, ice cream, or cottage cheese.
It is only right that the best personal blenders for smoothies are extremely lightweight— easily carried and moved about, and yet still perform with high efficiency. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender is the overall best small size blender for making smoothies. No one wants to have a dislocation from carrying a blender. Another factor to consider is efficiency; the wattage of the blender is a contributing factor here. A machine that crushes tough fruits and vegetables must have a strong motor.
You should know that a blender with a higher wattage is much quicker and more efficient than one with lesser wattage.
These are the best personal blenders for smoothies that get the job done quickly and easily and are suitable for use at home. These blenders are preferred because they feature compact designs, boast amazing qualities, and are incredibly lightweight:
• Hamilton Beach Personal Blender— Overall Best Small Blender for Smoothies.
• Ninja Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender – Best Value Small Blender
• Sbowly Smoothie Personal Blender – Most Resistant Small Blender
• La Reveuse Smoothies Blender – Best Extra Features Small Blender
• Tenswall Portable, Personal Size Blender – Best Budget Option Small Blender
Hamilton Beach Personal Blender— Best Overall Small Blender for Smoothies
The Hamilton Beach Smoothie Smart Blender is the overall best small blender for smoothies because it can grind all kinds of hard fruits and vegetables with relative ease. You can mix any kind of fruit quickly and no result would be a tasty drink. This blender comes with a five-star rating.
Also, this features stainless steel blades that are particularly designed to crush hard fruits and tough ice. Some other major features include:
- Compact design and BPA free- great for the home, office, and travel use, and is quite portable.
- A p14 ounce jar and lid- both dishwashers safe.
- One-touch blending: great for smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades, salad dressing, and more.
- Stainless steel blades: hard fruits and tough Ice crushing power for smooth results.
- The efficient 175-watt motor provides all the power you need for fast, reliable performance.
NinjaNutri Pro Compact Personal Blender— Best Value Small Blender
If you are looking for a blender that is compact, efficient, and whose cost won’t break your pocket, this blender is designed to suit all your needs. This beast of a blender may look small, but it can crush ice and frozen fruit in seconds!
It is so named ‘ninja’ because of its flexibility and strength; it can crush, shred, slice, and puree stubborn ice and hard fruits with the speed of a ninja. This personal blender takes 4 stars for me.
Also, the Ninja Nutri boasts 900 watts in power, which is a lot higher than the NutriBullet’s motor which is only 600 watts. Some of the other amazing features it boats are:
- 900 watts of beast power easily breaks down fruits and vegetables for nutritious juices and smoothies.
- The NutriNinja provides you with powerful nutrient & vitamin extraction performance to extract hidden nutrition from whole fruits and veggies.
- Twist on the spout lids and take your drinks with you for easy on-the-go sipping.
- Manually pulse to easily crush ice, seeds, skins, stems, and frozen ingredients for a smooth, even consistency.
- All parts are BPA free and dishwasher safe.
Sboly Personal Smoothie Blender—Most Resistant Small Blender
Looking for a small blender that blends with absolute power and grace? The Sboly personal blender offers a quick and effortless way to make your smoothies, shakes, and juices at home, in the office, and on the go.
This personal blender takes 4 stars for me. The one-touch feature makes it easy to make your favorite drinks as quickly as 12 seconds! Here are some of the amazing features this portable blender boast:
- This amazing blender has a powerful 300W motor that can crush just any type of fruit.
- This machine features a highly compressed and unique design. Extremely compact with amazing lightweight features, it boasts cool pieces with 4 stainless steel, ultra-sharp blades.
- All parts are BPA-free to make healthy and safe drinking. This blender is designed to only work when the bottle is properly installed in the LOCK place. There is a feature that prevents overheating & automatically recovers from any issue. With that, you don’t have to worry about your and your family’s safety with this product at home.
- The Sboly portable blender cup is extremely easy to clean, unlike other bulky blenders. There is even an additional bottle brush included making washing your portable blender cup that much more effortless. All parts except for the motor base are dishwasher safe!
- The Ice cube tray included comes with an additional silicone Ice Cube Tray for you to make smoothies conveniently.
La Reveuse Smoothies Blender— Best Extra Features Small Blender
This portable blender for making smoothies promises efficiency, ease of use, and boasts a sleek design. This is a blender that features many qualities and packs such amazing power. This blender takes a 3-star rating for its sleek design, compactness, and durability.
La Reveuse 300-Watt small blender is equipped with 8 pieces, designed to get your drink ready as quickly as possible. This is a high-quality product that is great for making smoothies, shakes, dips, salsas, baby food, dressing and so much more. Let’s see some of its amazing features below:
- BPA Free, Tritan material 18 oz / 550 ml blending jar, dishwasher safe (blender base is excluded), High-quality pure copper motor, long service life design.
- 300 Watts of power, 4 Leaves high-speed stainless steel blade.Strong enough to crush vegetables and fruit easily. Great for making smoothies, shakes, baby formula, and salad dressings.
- Portable and convenient, 3 lb and cup size: 3” diameter x 9” height. Blend and drink from the same bottle, with some extra travel lid. The sports lid makes it easy to take on the road to the office, gym or class, in the car (fits most car drink holders) or in your bag.
- Easy operation, just press down and twist the bottle to click into the LOCK place. It is also easy to clean with water. Safe, healthy, durable, and efficient.
- Safe to use. It will only work when the bottle is installed properly in the LOCK place. It comes with overheating prevention & automatic recovery function
Tenswall Portable, Personal Size Blender— Best Budget Option Small Blender
This portable personal blender is best for making smoothies and shakes. If what you are looking for is a small blender that can blend with comparable power and doesn’t cost too much as the other blenders, the Tenswall Portable blender is the right choice for you.
With a 3-star rating and a 4000Mah capacity battery, this personal-size blender is ready to pick up for a price between $21- $25. With pulse technology and strong blades, simply push down on the cup to blast through ice and frozen ingredients, you can make your own style smoothies in 15 seconds.
- Smart Safety Protection System: Magnetic sensing switch ultra-safe to use and clean, the juicer cup will stop working when the body and bottom are separated. 380ML capacity Mini blender is quite portable.
- Upgrade 6 Blades Mixing: 6 Blades portable blender has stronger power than traditional 4 Mini Blades, which can effortlessly make juices, vegetables into amazing smoothies, leave no chunks of fruit and ice, easy to go.
- Food-Grade Material: The portable blender is made of food-grade non-toxic and eco-friendly PP & ABS material, BPA free non-toxic, and eco-friendly, you can enjoy fresh nutrient retention and wonderful leisure time.
- Rechargeable and Portable: The USB juicer cup comes equipped with a built-in 2000mAh rechargeable battery that can be easily charged by a power bank, laptop, computer, mobile phones, or other USB devices. 3 hours charge for about 12 times use.
- One Button Blending/Cleaning: No need to spend extra money on larger blenders with added bells and whistles when TENSWALL simple button touch does all the work. When cleaning, just put some water in the cup, press the button to start automatic cleaning.
Comparing Features Of The Best Personal Blender For Smoothies
|Hamilton Beach Personal Blender||700 watts||2 pounds||Easy||Easy|
|Nutri Ninja Pro Compact Blender||900 watts||8.5 pounds||Fairly easy||Easy|
|Sboly Personal Smoothie Blender||300 watts||3.3 pounds||Fairly easy||Fairly easy|
|La Reveuse Smoothies Blender||300 watts||7 pounds||Fairly easy||Fairly easy|
|Tenswall Portable, Personal Size Blender||900 watts||1.19 pounds||Fairly easy||Fairly easy|
How To Choose The Best Personal Blender For Smoothies
There are many blenders out there that can make many things, and they come with amazing features that make deciding a little difficult.
Most blenders appear to have the same features, and you could get really confused — but with this guide, you will be able to make the best choice for yourself.
Without wasting time, let’s get started on how the things you need to look out for when trying to be the best small blenders for your smoothies:
Portability: It would be quite unusual to get a stroke from lifting a blender. Even though that’s quite unlikely, it’s still advisable to buy a blender you can lift with one hand, even with all the fruits and veggies inside.
There are personal blenders that are highly versatile and can do everything from making soup and smoothies to marinades and mayonnaise. Handheld blenders are preferred for their size.
No matter the size of your kitchen, portable sized blenders will serve you just perfectly without taking too much of your kitchen space.
Easy Cleaning: No one likes to spend a long time cleaning a blender than they spent on actually making a drink. Some blenders are easy to clean than others.
For instance, blenders with big blades will give you a difficult time to clean than ones with smaller blades. When you want to buy your blender, make sure you get one that comes with a bottle brush, so easily clean the blades.
Parts: Best blender should come with a cup/jar, lid, lid plug, base, and a tamper. Cups/Blender jars come in both glass and plastic.
The more expensive models generally have a glass. They come in various sizes, from 20, 48, 64, or 72 ounces. I have a 64-ounce capacity and find that the most versatile.
Blade: Be certain a chopping blade is included since you’re going to be chopping and grinding. A standard blender is only needed for pureeing, stirring, and mixing.
Stainless steel is considered the best material for a blade–it’s strong and durable and easy to wash.
Power: Wattage determines the performance of your blender. The higher the wattage, the better your blender performs.
It is true that some of the bulkier blenders come with a higher wattage, the smaller ones, but that does not mean the smaller blenders are less efficient for making smoothies and shakes. Immersion blenders are around 100-watts, and larger countertop blenders 500-watts or above.
Speed: They may have a pulsing knob or variable speed from 1 to 10, depending on the model. The continuous processing also helps so that you do not have to always hold down the button, especially when you’re trying to add ingredients at the same time.
Function: Some blenders are equipped to crush hard fruits, ice, mix ingredients, and process foods, but cannot do other things. Some functions the units come with are automatic for making smoothies, ice crushing, desserts, soup, dips, and spreads.
Cost: The more features, power, and functions added, the more the cost of the blender. You could get some blenders for as low as $25 and others as high as $700, although more affordable mid-range options are available and worth the investment.
Benefits Of The Best Personal Blender For Smoothies
Some small blenders are perfect for crushing touch ice and hard fruits, and it makes much smoother purees and beverages than any of the other options. High-performance blenders are not necessarily the biggest, and you will find the same efficiency in portable blenders most of the time.
Another advantage is small blenders are easier to use than big ones. All you have to do is to put all the fruits and vegetables inside with some water and blend— with just a single button and your smoothies are ready for drinking.
Another important reason to get a personal blender for travel is that it’s easier to clean. There are travel blenders that are specifically suited for trips and outdoor purposes, and small blenders fall in that category.
They don’t take up much space compared to the bigger blenders because they are smaller. Big blenders tend to take all the important spaces in your kitchen where other things may fit.
And lastly, they are less difficult to clean than other bigger blenders. This is only right since bigger blenders come with bigger blades which prove more difficult to clean. Portable sized blenders take all that trouble away.
How To Use The Best Small Blenders For Smoothies
Because of their size and slight differences in features, personal blenders are used in a different way compared to big blenders. All outfits come with detachable parts. Inside the pack, you’ll have a lid, lid plug, cup, blade, and a tamper. The lower part holds the controls and plugs into an electric outlet. Here are a few things you can do to make sure you make the best use:
- Solid foods should be properly chopped for easy passage.
- Be sure to secure the lid before using it.
- Start with a lesser speed, then you may increase the tempo slowly.
- Beware of the lids- they can fly off!
- Some food particles may be splattered across during the process; so get a towel or clean cloth ready.
Leave room for swelling–the top third of the jar should be free of any liquid or solids.
Plug and use the tamper to stir or push down the ingredients, in case the mixture stops circulating, remove the lip.
When it comes to making smoothies, there are personal blenders that are well suited to get the job done. Their strong features and impressive designs do justice to how efficient they actually are when it comes to doing the tough tasks— like crushing tough ice, blending hard fruits and vegetables into purees with incredible speed.
The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender wins the overall best category for this review with its compatibility, durability, and efficiency, with the NutriNinja Pro Compact Blender as the best value small blender coming just after it on the list. The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender wins the review because of its efficiency, portability, easy installation, and cleaning. It fulfills all the requirements for choosing the best small blenders for smoothies.
With our comprehensive review, you can be confident that you have all the information you need to get the best small blender for making your smoothies.
- Can I Use A Hand Blender To Make A Smoothie?
- Can I Make Green Smoothies In A Regular Blender?
- Best Affordable Blender for Smoothies
- Best Single Serve Smoothie Blenders
- Best Blenders to Crush Ice and Make Smoothies
- Best Blenders for Kale Smoothies
- Best Blender for Raw Smoothies