Ninja blenders are cutting-edge and offer something that other products don’t.
Ninja’s durable, high-quality blades pulverize the ingredients you put in your smoothie for an unbelievably rich taste.
The Ninja blender normally doesn’t have any glass pitchers though!
Why Don’t Ninja Blenders Have Glass Pitchers?
Ninja blenders do not have glass pitchers because if you were to blow up your blender with a faulty lid, that glass pitcher would most likely shatter.
A blender uses metal blades to chop and dice things like fruit, nuts, berries, and vegetables. It works fast!
Safety experts say that there might be a problem.
Worries aren’t about fruit and vegetables that will break the glass. Worries are that if someone puts metal things into the blender, then there is a chance that they can break the glass.
Do not put metal in the blender. It can cause problems.
Some kitchen appliances have strong glass, but blenders and food processors do not.
Glass cooking pots are common, but anything that chops or blends is normally made of strong plastic.
The damage a broken blender can do is more than the downsides of using plastic.
What Material Are Ninja Blender Pitchers Made From?
The Ninja blender pitchers are made from high-quality plastic. This means they’re non-toxic and BPA-free.
Ninja is a household name for high-quality kitchenware, with the company offering many different types of food processors, blenders, and more.
A large variety of these products are manufactured with high-quality plastic while others come in stainless steel or glass instead.
What does that mean? It means that users get to spend their money on what material best suits their lifestyle rather than having to buy something made from every material out there.
Not only does this make the product more flexible for a wider range of buyers, but it also helps to keep costs down while keeping quality high.
But be careful when you blend hot liquids in a Ninja blender. The blender jar is not made for that because it creates suction.
Are Glass Blender Pitchers Unsafe?
The safety of glass blenders is a point of debate among those with some frightening stories, but also many positive reports.
One way to look at the issue is that there are two things we need to consider when judging a blender’s safety: its durability and how easy it is to cleanout.
The main issue when using a glass blending jar is that you need to be very aware of what you put into it.
You might accidentally put a piece of metal into your jar if you are using a glass blender pitcher.
How might this happen? We do not know. Sometimes, if you are buying frozen fruit or pre-washed veggies in a bag, there might be something from the factory in there. This is very rare and it’s not likely to happen but that is what we are worried about.
The big downside of a glass blender pitcher is that they are breakable, which can be both dangerous and annoying.
However, if you prepare well ahead of time to avoid any accidents beyond the norm, they’re more durable than plastic pitchers.
You just have to use them with care so as not to crack or chip them in everyday use – and don’t run them through the dishwasher (otherwise your glasses will get chipped!).
I like to use a plastic blender jar. I don’t have any problems with it.
I do not use a blender when my soup is hot. I will use an immersion blender.
What Well Known Brands Make Glass Blender Pitchers?
The standard, most common borosilicate glass blender pitchers are by Oster or KitchenAid.
Borosilicate glass is a very durable and tough type of glass that can tolerate sudden impacts and changes in temperature without breaking.
It has a low thermal coefficient – meaning it doesn’t easily get extremely hot or cold like some other types of kitchenware made from softened aluminum pots can do.
If you want to work with delicate ingredients, then the borosilicate glass blender pitcher is an excellent choice for mixing your beverages!
AS an added plus, it’s also resistant to acid attacks and will not absorb any odors that might leach onto food items from plastic containers so there is no “plastic” taste!
What’s The Problem With Plastic?
Plastics are made out of petroleum which is a highly toxic substance. On top of that, it takes more energy to recycle plastic than it does to create new plastic.
Plastic is also made from chemicals that can leak into your food or drink – these leached chemicals are usually referred to as “endocrine disruptors” and they can cause all sorts of problems with health, growth, development, metabolism, or fertility.
For instance: BPA (a common ingredient in some plastics) has been linked to obesity, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- Ninja Blender Pitcher Cracked What To Do Now
- How To Resolve Ninja Blender Pitcher Stuck In Base Issue?
Is There No Ninja Blender With Glass Pitcher At All?
No, I have seen a famous Ninja blender called Ninja Foodi come with a glass pitcher. You can buy it online if you prefer glass over plastic.
Is Steel A Better Material To Use For Pitchers Than Glass or Plastic?
- Steel-based pitchers are better for you and the environment than metal or plastic, but glass (and ceramic) is still in the lead.
- Steel pours liquids better than other materials because steel does not change the taste, won’t impart a metallic flavor to your drink, and is much more durable than other materials – meaning it won’t chip or break on contact with another hard surface when wet.Â Â
- They’re heavier which means they’ll stay in place while pouring liquid, unlike plastic or metal ones which have bases that can move about while you pour stuff into glasses.; they’re also denser, so heat up faster if needed and hold heat better once heated (plastic seems to suck up heat and cool off much faster).
- With steel, you can have a multi-layered construction that will hold either hot or cold liquids better than plastic but is also strong enough to survive typical kitchen wear and tear – like high temperatures, as well as the day-to-day knocks of active family life without cracking or chipping!
- Steel is recyclable and has a negligible carbon footprint compared to plastic or glass – you can recycle steel almost the same way as aluminum cans but obviously, it’s not as easy (yet) to recycle any other material.
What Are The Best Blender Jars Out Right Now?
When you want to make blends, smoothies, and milkshakes at home you’ll need to use a blender jar.
The best blender jars are made from stainless steel as they’re durable, easy to clean, resistant to rust, and lasting – but not all are the same intensity of effectiveness!
There’s an ongoing debate about whether BPA-free is important for pitchers and if it really matters just how BPA-free they are.
Some people say it’s not important because the amount is too small to really make any difference to our health, while others argue that glass and ceramic are even more dangerous.
What Is BPA?
The main concern is that plastics like these might contain Bisphenol-A or “BPA” for short.
This substance is used in plastic because it makes the plastic more durable and flexible.
In some bottles, it can leach into the liquid and make its way into your bloodstream where it can cause all sorts of problems from cancer to memory loss.
Even some plastic packaging can be problematic because it contains BPA too – especially the stuff that holds meat or fish in a supermarket.
What Type of Plastic Are Ninja Blender Pitchers Made From?
The plastic used in Ninja blenders is made of FDA food-grade materials that are free from bisphenol A (BPA).
Possible Plastic Inclusions: polypropylene #5 PP, a durable polymer commonly used for heavy-duty plastic items like buckets, food storage containers, and bottles. It’s also strong, heat resistant, and odorless.
This material is good because it can withstand high temperatures without melting or becoming brittle due to its toughness and insulation qualities. It doesn’t contain BPA either!
However, most consumer products containing this have been substituted with Eco-friendly plastics.
Read – How To Work A Ninja Blender
Tips For Using Ninja Blenders With Glass Jars
- Make sure you always clean the blender immediately after blending a hot pot of soup, especially if you are using ingredients like coconut milk or tomato sauce, which can stain.
- After blending the hot top with these high staining food items and wash it soon thereafter to remove any potential residue that will react again to heat that might be generated in washing. Just give it a fast rinse and dry so no water stays on the jar surface.
- You should also make sure you avoid contact between sharp edges or pointed utensils, such as knives or spoons, and the glass jar because these objects can break through the glass without much effort.
- Lastly, for storage ensure your jars are safe from breakage by placing them out of reach of children when not in use.