This post might contain affiliate links. I get paid a small commission (at no extra cost for you) if any sales are made through it but I only recommend products that I truly believe in! Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
The Vitamix Blending Station Advance or fondly known as The Quiet One may sound like any regular blender that could be used to prepare an ice-blended beverage. Little do many people know, however, that this is the same blender that is used by Starbucks chain stores worldwide.
In fact, this is the world’s quietest blender to date and was made by Vitamix for use in Starbucks. Today, however, it’s a blender that can be purchased by every consumer in the market, including your favorite local coffee store by the corner.
So, what makes this blender stand out from its competition?
Introducing The Famed Starbucks Blender
Whenever anyone is looking to buy a blender, a common question often pops up – what kind of blender does Starbucks use? After all, if the blender is good for the multinational coffee company, then it must also be good for use at home or in other coffee houses.
In previous years, Starbucks has been known to use Blendtec blenders for their famed Frappucinos® and ice-blended beverages. In recent years, however, Starbucks has made the switch to a Vitamix blender – specifically the Vita-Mix Blending Station Advance 48 oz Blender that’s known as The Quiet One.
[azonpress template=”box” asin=”B006X4LQVO”]
Why Did Starbucks Change Their Blenders?
The drive behind making the switch is mainly due to the large capacity of the blender as well as how easy it was to use and how quiet the blender is. In comparison, the Vitamix Blending Station Advance is known to be 18 decibels quieter than other blenders, with at least a 40% in noise reduction.
This allows baristas at Starbucks to prepare their favorite ice-blended drinks behind the bar without bothering the other customers in the café. The quietness is also welcomed by the staff, as they no longer had to hear the loud rumbles of a regular blender throughout their 8-hour shift.
The Vitamix Blending Station Advance also features removable parts that are almost-all dishwasher safe, making it easy for the baristas to clean the blender as they run through their shift. This ensured that the lingering tastes of the previous drinks won’t stay in the blender, allowing quality drinks to be served to customers within minutes.
So, if you’re still wondering what kind of blender Starbucks uses, it’s safe to say that you’ll never go wrong if you ask for The Quiet One or the Vitamix Blending Station Advance.
Related Read: Why Are The Vitamix Blenders So Expensive?
The Pros And Cons Of The Blender Used In Starbucks
Before you head out to purchase your own Vitamix Blending Station Advance, however, you may want to explore what are some pros and cons of this blender. Here is a quick breakdown of this famed blender that you’ll see in almost every Starbucks chain store today.
- It is the quietest blender in the market: There’s a reason why the blender is nicknamed The Quiet One. Clocking at 18 decibels quieter than its competition, this blender was made to fit in quiet café atmospheres, so barista partners at Starbucks could prepare your drinks while being as undisruptive as possible to the café environment.
- The blender is easy to clean: All the parts to the Vitamix Blending Station Advance are removable, and almost all of them are dishwasher safe. This makes the blender easy to clean during rush hours at the Starbucks stores, making it the ideal blender for the coffee mogul.
- The blender is simple to use: The blender can sustain up to 34 programs to fit every café’s needs and features 6 programmable buttons for use. There is also an auto cut-off feature to the blender, making operations simple and does not disrupt the flow of drink preparations behind the bar.
- It is expensive: Unfortunately, the Vitamix Blending Station Advance does not come with a consumer-friendly price tag. While it’s a great machine to have for Starbucks stores worldwide, it may not be the best blender for home use.
- Programming can be a hassle: One of the features of the Vitamix Blending Station Advance is how you can program multiple modules in the machine. However, the programming stage can be a hassle to set up, making it more of a disadvantage than a helpful feature for beginners and home users.
- The machine is heavy and bulky: Because the Vitamix Blending Station was originally made for commercial use, it may come off as a heavy and bulky machine. Thus, if you have limited counter space in your home, then this blender may not be suitable for you.
Are The Blenders Used By Starbucks Expensive?
So, are the blenders used by Starbucks truly expensive? Well, they generally start at $1,300 apiece, which can be a high investment for aspiring home baristas. The high price tag makes it difficult for regular coffee enthusiasts to own the same machine, albeit with the many merits the blender carries.
The good news is that you don’t always need a Vitamix Blending Station Advance to make quality ice-blended drinks from home. A great alternative to The Quite One blender includes machines like the Blendtec Professional 800 Blender.
[azonpress template=”box” asin=”B00LADQ83O”]
Do bear in mind, however, that the Blendtec Professional 800 Blender is not meant for commercial purposes, so it may not be as powerful as the Vitamix Blending Station Advance. With its relatively cheaper price tag, the Blendtec Professional 800 blender is noticeably more affordable and better suited for home use.
In conclusion, we hope that this answers your curiosity on what kind of blender does Starbucks use?
Although the Vitamix Blending Station Advance used in Starbucks stores worldwide does offer quieter blending features, its steep price tag may not be suitable for every home barista.
Instead, you may give the Blendtec Professional 800 a try, as it is better suited for home use.
Ultimately, you may have to give some of the blenders in the market a try before you find which machine fits your blending needs.
Do you have more questions about the next blender you should get for your home or café? Or perhaps you’ll want to more about other types of Vitamix blenders that are better for home use? Leave a comment for us below, and we’ll get back to you with more information soon.
- What Blender Does Tropical Smoothie Use?
- What Blender Does Smoothie King Use?
- What Blender Does Jamba Juice Use?
Latest posts by Kelly A Hartigan (see all)
- Best Blender for Nut Butter In 2021 - April 16, 2021
- Best Blender for Bulletproof Coffee (2021 Review) - April 13, 2021
- Best Blender for Kale Smoothies In 2021 (10 Top Options) - April 12, 2021