This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
If you have not yet tried wheatgrass juice, then you should know that it is one of the best types of juices for your health.
It has a lot of antioxidants, which are essential for fighting diseases and preventing cancer.
While there are many different ways to make wheatgrass juice at home, this blog post will teach you how to make wheatgrass juice in a blender!
Some Useful Information About Wheatgrass For Newbies
1. Wheatgrass is a type of grass that has been used for medicinal purposes in many cultures.
2. It’s most commonly known as a detoxifier, but it also helps with digestion and can be helpful for those who are anemic or have diabetes.
3. The grass should be cut before you juice it to make sure the blades are fresh; this will help keep your juice from tasting bitter or sour.
4. You’ll need to slice the top off of the blade so that you can extract more juice from the stem; this will also prevent oxidation and spoilage.
5. When juicing wheatgrass, use a powerful blender like a Vitamix.
What Type Of Wheatgrass Is Good For Making Juices?
Wheatgrass is a type of grass that can be juiced and used as an ingredient in many recipes.
It has been used in traditional Chinese medicines for centuries.
Wheatgrass can be found at health food stores and some grocery stores.
There are two types of wheatgrass: hardy and soft.
Hardy wheatgrass is more resistant to heat, drought, and insects than soft wheatgrass. Soft wheatgrasses produce sweeter juices with less fiber content.
If you want the wheatgrass to be healthy and fresh, it’s best harvested in early spring when it has just sprouted from its seeds.
How To Make Wheatgrass Juice In A Blender
What you will need:
- Few spoons to stir with and hold down the side of your jar.
- A cutting board for slicing wheatgrass into thin strips beforehand is recommended too (if not then be careful because it might get everywhere).
- You will also want to have some ice cubes on hand for serving the juice cold afterward or add them in if you like it iced!
- Fill up your jar with half of an inch (or so) worth of water.
- Next, you will want to cut up your wheatgrass into thin strips before adding it in with the water and ice cubes on top of that! It is a good idea for this step if there are only two spoons because one person should be stirring while another holds down each side so nothing spills out over time (this also helps to extract the juice).
- Start adding the wheatgrass to the blender. I will initially add about a cup worth of wheatgrass, and 8 ounces of water.
- You will want to blend that for about two minutes or so before turning it off. Start with a slow speed, and gradually increase the speed after a minute or so.
- Using a strainer, strain the wheatgrass juice into a glass or a jar.
- You can repeat this process with more wheatgrass and water if you like, but make sure there is enough time in between blending times because wheatgrass gets very hot when blended!
- Right after all of your blends are done then you can drink up!
How To Store
Here are some points to keep in mind for storing wheatgrass juice –
1. Store wheatgrass juice in the fridge.
2. Place it in a sealed container with an airtight lid.
3. Put it on the top shelf of your fridge to avoid light exposure and keep out odors.
4. Keep it away from raw meat, eggs, or dairy products.
What To Do With The Leftover Pulp?
Wheatgrass pulp is nutrient-rich. It’s also an excellent addition to any smoothie, but it’s pulp can’t be digested by humans because its cellulose content isn’t conducive to digestion.
To avoid wasting the nutrients in wheatgrass pulp after you’ve made your delicious green drink, try blending some fresh greens with water or coconut milk, and enjoy!
You could even dehydrate/ dry out this mixture for use later on as well.
Which Blender Is Best For Making Wheatgrass?
I prefer using a Vitamix blender for wheatgrass because the blades are more efficient and can get to all of the pulp.
Vitamix blenders are powerful and efficient.
They have a long-lasting motor that can blend thick ingredients like wheatgrass without overheating.
The blades are made of hardened stainless steel, which means they won’t rust or corrode over time.
The blender’s container is BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
The other blender that I highly recommend is a Ninja Ultima Blender. It’s powerful. It has a large capacity and is easy to clean. The blades are sharp, so it blends quickly without overheating the food. The container is BPA-free plastic, which won’t leach toxins into your food as other plastics do.
What Are The Uses Of Wheatgrass?
1. Wheatgrass is a type of grass that can be grown in your backyard or on your windowsill.
2. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc.
3. You can juice it to make an energy-boosting drink for the morning after a late-night out.
4. Add it to smoothies for extra nutrients.
5. Sprinkle some wheatgrass powder into your yogurt for added probiotics.
Making wheatgrass juice can be so much fun.
Think about the last time you had a drink of water and then took a sip of lemonade. Your mouth starts to tingle with excitement because it knows what is coming!
The same thing happens when you make your own wheatgrass juice at home.
Wheatgrass juice is a great detoxifier and has many health benefits. You can make it at home by using your blender!