If you have ever wanted to know how to grind rice flour in a Vitamix blender, then this article is perfect for you.
Rice flour is great because it’s gluten-free which means that people who are allergic or sensitive can eat it without any problems.
It also has some amazing health benefits like being high in protein and carbohydrates so if you’re looking for an ingredient that will keep you full longer then this might be what you need.
Thankfully there are many ways that you can make this ingredient at home using your trusty Vitamix blender.
Can You Grind Rice Flour In A Vitamix Blender?
Grinding rice flour in a Vitamix blender is definitely possible and it’s not hard to do at all.
In fact, when you know how to make rice flour in a Vitamix blender then you’ll instantly have access to one of the most versatile ingredients out there.
If you’re looking for an alternative gluten-free baking ingredient then this is the perfect option for you.
How To Grind Rice Flour In A Vitamix Blender
Here are the steps for how to grind rice flour in a Vitamix blender:
- First, pour one cup of brown rice into the hopper of your Vitamix blender.
- Then switch on the power and let it run until it reaches its maximum speed for 30 seconds.
- Then stop the machine and let it sit for 10 minutes to let the heat dissipate and cool down.
- Finally, you can switch on your machine again and gently pulse until the flour starts to collect in the base of the blender. Then you’re finished! This process usually takes around 5-10 minutes depending upon your Vitamix model.
If you want to make more rice flour at one time then simply increase the number of cups of rice that you put in the hopper!
Be sure not to fill it up too much though since otherwise your mixture might leak out through the lid instead of staying inside where it’s supposed to be.
If you’re using a Vitamix 5300 or 7500 series blender then you should be able to make 1.5 cups of rice flour each time.
Here are some other good blenders for grinding rice.
Why Grind Rice Flour In A Vitamix Blender?
If you want to know why you might want to grind rice flour in a Vitamix blender, then here are the reasons:
- You can make it at home instead of buying it from the store.
- It’s gluten-free which makes it perfect for people who are allergic or sensitive to wheat flour.
- It has high amounts of protein and carbohydrates so you’ll stay full longer when you eat food made with rice flour.
- It’s versatile in that many recipes use it as a gluten-free alternative to wheat.
- It’s easy to switch from using normal flour to rice flour which means that you can easily make recipes healthier by replacing regular ingredients with rice flour instead of wheat.
How To Store Leftover Rice Flour In A Vitamix Blender?
After you’ve ground your rice flour in a Vitamix blender, you might wonder what you should do with the leftovers.
Luckily it’s very easy to store them in your Vitamix machine in order to keep them fresh for later use!
Here are the steps:
- First, fill up a tightly sealed container with leftover flour and attach an airtight lid. For example, use a mason jar or a large Tupperware container.
- Then slide the container into your freezer and freeze it unless you want to store it in your refrigerator instead. You can also put it into a Vitamix container if you own one of those because those are totally freezable too!
- Finally, label the container with its contents and date so that you’ll know what it is and when you made it.
How To Use Ground Rice Flour In A Vitamix Blender?
If you’re wondering how to use ground rice flour in a Vitamix blender, then here are some ideas:
- Use it to make cakes and cookies by replacing at least 1/3 of the wheat flour which you would normally use
- Mix it with regular rice to make a healthier version of sticky rice
- Use it as an ingredient in meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs
- Gluten-free baking is becoming more and more popular so you can find many recipes that will use your ground-up rice flour! As long as the recipe calls rice flour a substitute for wheat flour.
Related Read: Vitamix Grain Mill Reviews
Grinding Rice Flour In Vitamix – Wrap Up
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to make rice flour in a Vitamix blender and to store the excess afterward.
By using your machine at home instead of buying pre-made rice flour from stores, you’ll be able to make health-conscious choices by replacing regular ingredients with healthier alternatives like rice flour.
So now that you know how to make rice flour in a Vitamix blender, why not start grinding some right now? Experiment with different types of grains and see what other kinds of flour you can create!
Please share your thoughts in the comments below because we’d love to hear from you :).