Do you know the feeling of needing a really good cup of coffee to get going in the morning? I do!
That’s why I’ve come up with this delicious, protein-packed recipe that is sure to start your day on a high note.
Bulletproof Coffee has been around for a while and has been touted as a way to increase performance levels and energy.
What does it have in common with the old favorite, plain black coffee? Both are made from just two ingredients: coffee and butter. But there’s one big difference… bulletproof coffee also includes MCT oil or coconut oil.
The result is an extra boost of fat which will keep you satisfied for longer because fats take longer than carbs or protein to break down into glucose (your body’s source of energy).
Can You Make Bulletproof Coffee In Vitamix?
Making this tasty drink in a Vitamix blender is a no-brainer! The Vitamix can handle all the ingredients easily, and your bulletproof coffee will be super creamy and frothy. You’ll love it!
For best results –
- Use at least 6 oz of coffee.
- Use filtered water instead of tap water.
- Add 2 tbsp grass-fed butter.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of MCT oil or coconut oil.
- Skip adding sugar, cream, and sweeteners. Why? These ingredients have a glycemic index (GI) greater than 70. Bulletproof coffee is supposed to be good for you! It’s not going to do much for your energy if all that protein turns into glucose too quickly because of the added sugar and carbs in these ingredients! Instead, use less milk, almond milk, soy milk, or half & half if you need to add some creaminess.
Can I Use Almond Milk In Vitamix?
Sure thing! Just make sure it doesn’t contain a lot of stabilizers or additives like carrageen which are used as emulsifiers.
Your bulletproof coffee will be delicious and creamy with a bit of almond milk added to the Vitamix blender.
Do I Need To Grind My Own Beans?
Ideally, yes! Grinding your own beans will give you the freshest cup of coffee possible.
Not only that but grinding them right before making your drink ensures they are as fresh as possible and produces less waste since you won’t have to throw out stale coffee grounds.
You can use any type of coffee in a bulletproof coffee recipe including caffeinated or decaf – just make sure it’s finely ground for best results.
For those who want convenience, you can also choose pre-ground beans which are widely available at many grocery stores these days.
If all else fails, you can use already-brewed coffee and add the MCT oil. It won’t be quite as good but it will still taste yummy!
How To Make Bulletproof Coffee In Vitamix?
- 1/2 to 1 cup finely ground coffee (look for a coarse grind)
- 6 oz filtered water
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee (avoid dairy or vegan substitutes with emulsifiers like carrageenan)
- 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp of MCT oil or coconut oil (this is a healthy fat source that has been used in this recipe instead of using sugar or sweeteners)
- Dash sea salt
- Dash cinnamon powder
Any type of Vitamix Blender – High Speed, Low Profile
- Place all ingredients in the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase speed until the variable reaches 3 or 4 (depending on how creamy you like your bulletproof coffee). Use the tamper if necessary to press ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Pour into a mug or travel cup and enjoy! I recommend drinking this when it’s still warm for max flavor but you can also make it ahead of time, store it in the fridge, then heat it up later when you’re ready to drink.
- Do You Need A Blender For Bulletproof Coffee?
- How To Make Bulletproof Coffee Without A Blender?
- Best Blender for Bulletproof Coffee (2021 Review)
- Serving size: 1 (443 g)
- Per serving: Calories 390
- Total Fat 35.1g
- Protein 9.3g
- Total Carbohydrates 7.5g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g
- Sugars 0.6g
- Added Sugar 0g
- Sodium 70mg
Note that the amounts of butter and MCT oil in this bulletproof coffee recipe are not included in the nutrition facts above because they will vary depending on how much you use.
Also, if you add any extra ingredients like almond milk or spices such as cinnamon powder to your drink, their nutritional information will need to be factored into your daily intake.
Be sure to check the label of your specific ingredients for more information on how they will impact your nutrition!
What Is The Best Vitamix Blender For Bulletproof Coffee?
|Top||Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender||Check Price|
|Vitamix S30 S-Series Blender||Check Price|
|Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender||Check Price|
|Vitamix Venturist V1200||Check Price|
Since the bulletproof coffee recipe requires a high-speed blender in order to create a creamy, frothy drink it is important that you choose the right model for your needs.
In the case of Vitamix blenders, most fit these criteria but some are better than others for making bulletproof coffee.
If you’re looking for something affordable and simple then I recommend checking out low-profile machines like the Vitamix S30 or C series. These models may be lower-priced but they still have a powerful 2 HP motor so you can make beverages such as this bulletproof coffee without breaking much of a sweat.
In addition, if you already own one then chances are good that it will also work pretty well although there is no guarantee unless you are using it for a similar purpose.
For example, the C series and S30 can make hot soup but they aren’t as powerful (or as large) as some of the other Vitamix models like the Venturist V1200 or Pro 750 so bear this in mind when choosing your machine.
For those who want maximum power and speed combined with a more advanced design then I recommend checking out high-performance machines such as the G series or E310 – these are great choices for anyone looking to achieve their ideal bulletproof coffee recipe without having to upgrade any time soon!
Be sure to choose a model that works best for your lifestyle and needs while taking into consideration factors like price, capacity, features, and warranty. The perfect fit doesn’t always mean that the most expensive is best for you!
Also, keep in mind that if you start making your bulletproof coffee recipe regularly then it may be a good idea to purchase a second machine just for this purpose so that you don’t have to worry about cross-contamination. The oils and fats used in this drink can seep into metal components over time and this may cause damage or malfunctions if not cleaned properly.
For those who want to make an entire pitcher of bulletproof coffee at once instead of just one serving then I recommend checking out high-capacity models like the Venturist V1200 or Pro 750 – these offer more room than other Vitamix blenders although they sacrifice some power when compared to smaller models.
Bulletproof Coffee In Vitamix – Wrap up!
There you have it, folks! A bulletproof coffee recipe that is sure to keep you full and energized until lunchtime.
Can you tell I’m a fan of this recipe? It’s been so good for me since I discovered it not too long ago.
If you’ve never had bulletproof coffee before, give it a go – the Vitamix blender is great for grinding your own beans and blending everything together seamlessly.
Ingredients can be found on Amazon if you don’t want to buy in bulk or just need something quick to grab for your next morning breakfast!
Related Post: How Does Vitamix Make Soup?