This post might contain affiliate links. I get paid a small commission (at no extra cost for you) if any sales are made through it but I only recommend products that I truly believe in! Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
When preparing a meal, it is important to have all your ingredients ready and chopped.
This will help you get things done faster and avoid spending hours in the kitchen cutting vegetables with a big knife.
Chopping vegetables is a chore.
But you still have to do it if you want healthy meals.
You can’t let your kids use the kitchen knives and they don’t know how to chop things up anyway.
And besides, most of them are too short for the countertop blender.
The Vitamix blender can make short work of chopping veggies for most recipes.
The Vitamix blender has a high-powered motor that chops through veggies like nobody’s business!
With this machine, you can make cooked or raw soups in minutes without having to cut anything up beforehand!
There are many ways to chop vegetables.
But if you want perfectly chopped veggies every time without any of that pesky manual labor, there’s only one way to go – using your Vitamix blender!
Let’s see how you can use Vitamix to chop your favorite veggies.
Can I Use Vitamix For Chopping Vegetables?
One of the most popular things that Vitamix machines are used for is chopping vegetables.
For best results, one should use hearty vegetables like carrots, cabbage, celery, or onions.
You don’t have to worry about chopping vegetables anymore because this machine does it for you in seconds.
This saves time and makes cooking much easier!
Plus, there are so many recipes out there that require chopped vegetables like salsa or guacamole.
Now you can make these with ease!
Try out our other selection of the best blenders for fruits and vegetables.
Dry Chopping In Vitamix
You can dry chop with a Vitamix by blending on low to medium speed and adding the vegetable.
Drying larger amounts of ingredients is best by chopping them before you add them to the blender.
The lower speed creates the pieces so that they don’t get over-processed, and it allows for less work in cleaning up because there are fewer chunks of food left behind.
Wet Chopping In Vitamix
Wet chopping is a fast and easy way to chop up vegetables for your recipes.
If you’re making coleslaw, the best way to do it is wet cutting.
All you need to do is add some large chunks of veggies and then enough water so that they’re not sitting on top of the blades anymore.
After quickly blending, all the pieces are blended nicely!
The other use for wet cutting is if you have larger chunks of potatoes that need chopping up for latkes or something like that.
How To Chop Vegetables In Vitamix
How would you like to chop vegetables in a Vitamix?
We know that chopping veggies can be time-consuming and tedious, so we wanted to make it easier for you by providing this step-by-step guide on how to chop vegetables in a Vitamix.
You can use the pulse setting on your Vitamix to chop vegetables for salsa, guacamole, or any other recipe that calls for chopped veggies.
It’s so easy!
The best part is that you don’t have to worry about chopping too much and wasting food.
Just set it and forget it!
And when you’re done, just rinse out the container with warm water.
1. The first step is to put your vegetables into the container of your Vitamix machine. If it’s not already on, turn it on now so it has enough time to warm up before chopping anything.
2. Next, press down on the pulse button until everything is chopped up as finely as you like it!
3. Add salt, pepper, or other seasonings if desired.
Precautions And Tips
1. When using a Vitamix, always use the tamper to push down ingredients before turning on the machine.
2. Make sure you’re using enough liquid for a smooth consistency.
3. Always use caution when removing the lid from your Vitamix blender; hot steam can escape from the container and could burn you.
4. Make sure that your vegetables are cut into small pieces so they will blend faster in a Vitamix blender.
5. Add liquids first, then add solid ingredients last.
6. Be careful not to overfill the jar with too many solids or it will overflow and make a mess!
You can chop vegetables in a Vitamix.
It’s not just for smoothies anymore!
The Vitamix is an amazing kitchen tool that blends whole fruits and veggies into delicious, nutrient-rich juices.
Now you don’t have to spend time chopping ingredients by hand or use an inferior product that doesn’t get the job done right.
Get your Vitamix today!
Latest posts by Kelly A Hartigan (see all)
- Best Blender for Nut Butter In 2021 - April 16, 2021
- Best Blender for Bulletproof Coffee (2021 Review) - April 13, 2021
- Best Blender for Kale Smoothies In 2021 (10 Top Options) - April 12, 2021