This is a common question asked by anyone hoping to reduce the number of appliances in their kitchen. So, can you use Blendtec as a food processor? Generally, yes you can but only on selected Blendtec models. The food processor result can be achieved by using the pulse feature available on several Blendtec models, so you’ll have to ensure you get the right machine.
But how will you know if you have the right Blendtec to use as a food processor? In this article, we’ll discuss more on this and also what are some advantages or disadvantages to this.
How To Use Blendtec As A Food Processor
Whether you already own a Blendtec or you’re looking to buy a new appliance for your kitchen, many people may wonder whether you can use Blendtec as a food processor?
The good news is, yes, you can, but it could be limited to selected Blendtec models. This is as you’ll have to ensure your Blendtec has the pulse function, as this is what will help you gain more control when blending food, thus resulting in a food processor-like outcome.
What’s Better: Using A Blendtec Or Having A Separate Food Processor?
If you require the pulse function available on a selected variant of Blendtec for it to work as a food processor, would it then mean you should purchase a separate food processor instead? Well, depending on what you’re hoping to achieve in your kitchen, having a Blendtec over a food processor may be more convenient in the long run.
This is because the Blendtec can double as more than just a food processor but can also answer your other kitchen woes like blending whole juices, preparing ice-blended beverages, and other functionalities. With a single Blendtec, you’ll be able to replace a variety of other appliances in the kitchen, saving you money and counter space in your kitchen.
However, there may be some foods that will work better with a food processor like when you’re preparing butter, dips, and chopping vegetables. While a Blendtec can generally take on these tasks, you may not get a result that’s as smooth as you will on a food processor.
Of course, this is solely a matter of preference on how well you’ll like your foods prepared.
The Pros And Cons Of Using A Blendtec As A Food Processor
So, if you can use a Blendtec as a food processor, why doesn’t everyone already do the same? You see, while the Blendtec may be a good alternative to a food processor, there are still a variety of pros and cons when using the Blendtec.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages –
Pros Of Using A Blendtec
- All-in-one appliance for small kitchens: If you’re struggling with space in your kitchen, having a Blendtec can help save you space. This is as the Blendtec can replace numerous appliances at once, including a food processor, juicer, blender, and even a coffee grinder.
- Easy to use: Selected Blendtec models come with simple to use functionalities including the pulse function, making it easy for novice cooks to use. It’s a versatile appliance that makes an ideal addition to the kitchen because it can do almost everything the other appliances can.
- Large capacity: If you have a large Blendtec, you’ll be able to prepare food more conveniently thanks to its large capacity blender. You’ll find fewer spills and accidents as the Blendtec covers will help prevent leakages. Therefore, it is also more ideal to use the Blendtec when preparing soups compared to the food processor.
Cons Of Using A Blendtec
- A risk of over-blending: While the pulse function on the Blendtec gives you better control over the blender, you may still run the risk of over-blending your foods. This results in your ingredients turning into puree instead of being chopped when using a Blendtec.
- Price points may not be suitable for everyone: Although you can find more affordable Blendtec machines in the market, they may not feature as many functionalities as the high-end blenders. This makes the Blendtec not accessible to everyone, as the price point can come off steep for aspiring home chefs.
In conclusion, depending on the model of your Blendtec and what you’re looking for in your final product, yes, you can use the Blendtec as a food processor alternative.
However, you’ll want to keep in mind that using Blendtec can result in over-chopped foods, so you’ll have to keep a close eye on the blender.
Do you have other questions about Blendtec? Leave us a comment below, so we can find out how it works together.
You might also be interested in –