What do you crave when the weather starts to heat up? Lemon sorbet!
Sometimes people want to eat something that is both sweet and tart.
Sorbet is a great choice for fulfilling this need because it is made from fruit juice, sugar, water, and sometimes cream or milk.
Making it in a Vitamix is easy and delicious. You can even customize your recipe with different fruit flavors or make two batches at once for variety.
This blog post will explore the basics of making lemon sorbet in a Vitamix blender.
What Is A Lemon Sorbet?
Lemon sorbet is a refreshing and tangy dessert that can be made using just two ingredients: lemon juice and sugar.
It’s also typically served with a scoop of fresh fruit on top to add an extra layer of tart sweetness for the perfect summer treat.
Benefits Of Lemons
1. Lemons are a great source of vitamin C.
2. They contain potassium, which is an important mineral for the body.
3. Lemons also have antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body and can even prevent cancer.
4. A single lemon contains about 8% of your daily value of fiber, which helps with digestion and weight loss.
5. Lemons can be used to make a refreshing drink or add flavor to salads.
How To Make Lemon Sorbet In Vitamix
Making lemon sorbet in Vitamix is one of the simplest and most rewarding things you can do.
All you need are a few ingredients, your Vitamix blender, ice cubes, and salt.
Vitamix blenders are perfect tools in aiding people on their path towards better health.
They can even help change someone from feeling sluggish or tired during one of those busy days into an energized version by following our tips included here!
There are three ways to make this refreshing summertime treat, so let’s get started!
1. Classic Lemony Sorbet
Let’s make a sweet and tangy sorbet that’ll remind you of the summertime.
Mmm, it sounds heavenly!
You will love this recipe because not only is it delicious but also so simple to prepare.
The ingredients are super affordable too; all you need for now (and maybe some later) is lemon juice, sugar water, and zest from one or two lemons-your choices!
This recipe yields 4 cups which should be enough for most households at once time though feel free to double up if needed 😉
It takes about 20 minutes total start to finish with 10 in prep time alone so get started as soon as possible before those hot days come back around again – I know we’re ready anytime they show themselves here 🙂
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and water to the blender container.
- Blend on high until combined (about 1 minute).
- Add ice cubes to the mixture and blend on low for 30 seconds. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
2. Cooling Mango Sorbet
Have you ever had mango lemon sorbet? Itâ€™s a delicious summertime treat that can be made in minutes.
All the ingredients are easy to find, and I bet your family will love it!
Let me show you how this tasty dessert is done so we can enjoy some together tomorrow night.
- Combine mango puree with fresh lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Pour into blender container and blend on high until combined.
- Add sugar, water, or lemonade to taste (about Â¼ cup), then add ice cubes in the Vitamix Container followed by a few fresh mint leaves – it will help keep your sorbet cold while blending!
- Blend for 30 seconds more before serving immediately with granola crumbs if desired…
Makes about 12 servings.
3. Blueberry Sorbet
Let’s make a delicious blueberry sorbet by adding lemons and blueberries.
Lemon and blueberry are two of the most refreshing summer flavors, so why not combine them in a cool dessert?
With just three ingredients you can make your own homemade sorbet.
Itâ€™s easy to do if you have an ice cream maker but even without one, it’s still really good!
Blueberries contain many health benefits such as help with digestion because of their fiber content.
They also reduce inflammation which leads to less pain from arthritis or gout.
So go ahead and enjoy this healthy treat on those hot days where there isn’t much else going on outside besides lounging by the pool or sitting in front of fans trying to keep cool at home.
This is a quick and easy recipe for blueberry lemon sorbet that can be made at home.
You will need three cups of fresh, washed blueberries to get started on the ingredients list, as well as 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest which should go in before you add Â¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Next up are 4 Cups worth of ice cubes – half crushed so they’ll help your mixture stay colder longer while still being mixed into any remaining liquid from the other ingredient sources mentioned earlier- then finally all it takes is Â½ cup water (or more if desired) to bring everything together!
- Wash the blueberries thoroughly.
- Add the ingredients into the blender jar and slowly increase the speed to the highest setting. This whole process will take roughly 60 seconds.
- You can either serve immediately for a delicious sorbet or store it in the freezer for two hours so that it becomes firmer as dessert time approaches.
Did you think that making lemon sorbet in Vitamix was difficult? No, it’s not at all.
Just follow the directions and get ready for some refreshing summer desserts this year with your Vitamix blender… 🙂
To make sorbet, you can replace blueberries with any fruit of your choice.
The rest of the ingredients are very similar: some water, a few cups of ice cubes (you might want to add more if itâ€™s during summertime and/or in an area where there is not much humidity), zest from a lemon or orange peels depending on what kind you’re making as well as chunks/pieces for pieces like berries, melon balls, etc., and finally one chosen type of fruit.
The mixture should always be put into the freezer after preparation has been completed which will take about 2 hours before hardening so that when they come out their final product looks almost identical to store-bought sorbet.